Saturday 15 November 2008

What I Learned from Tiger Woods Prt2 and Ten Min Workout !

Earlier I wrote about what I learned from Tiger Woods and how it applies to our photography business. If you haven't read it yet, here is the Link. For part 2, I wanted to address our personal lives. That part of our lives that really is the center or hub our our creativity and passion in photography.





Recently while working late into the night (as I am sure you all do) retouching client images, I happened upon an info-mercial called the 10min workout. At first glance I thought "gimmick". But the more and more I watched I realized that there just might be something to this 10min Workout Trainer.

Main Concepts:

  1. You only need 10mins !
  2. The program is structured so that everyday there is something NEW your body is doing. (It's called muscle confusion)
  3. All you need is a set of "resistance bands" which come with the order of the DVD
  4. It even comes with a travel plan so while you are on the road you can still follow along
  5. NO MORE EXCUSES ! It is only 10mins.

I believe the one thing about being a professional photographer that is totally rewarding, is the opportunity we have to capture how much people love each other, not just 5 years ago, or 10 years from now but RIGHT HERE, RIGHT NOW ! Many times this opportunity can remind us of our values like, "that is what true love looks like or feels like".
While other times our sessions reminds us of our personal lives, like our kids, or our significant other (wife, husband..etc.). Or it could just simply be like a mirror where we think... "how the heck did I get so slow, or feel so old ?"

So here is my question, How is your personal life doing these days ? Have you had sometime for yourself lately? Maybe you need a 10min walk or literally the 10min workout as I do !
Have you taken sometime to be with your significant other, or your kids lately ? And I do mean with them. 10mins of NO work, or work thoughts while you are with them. Its not easy at times. It will take work. But what is 10mins ....... remember the real beauty of the 10min workout is that it literally is 10mins.

That 10mins might just be the very thing you needed before you tackle your day. (to read a book un-photography related, or a walk) That 10mins might be the very thing your kids needed in the form of a hug. Or maybe that 10mins might be the moment you needed to tell your spouse or loved one how much you do love them and how much they love you.

There really are "NO EXCUSES" are there, as Tony Horton would say.

I don't know about you, but I sure am going to make changes in my life, both for me and the joy and longevity of my business as a photographer.

Be blessed y'all.

Rockie

0 comments: